Rarely what repairs do without the use of paint. Even the window slopes, many of us still prefer to simply paint with a matte white paint. This is not surprising, because this material has a lot of advantages, and for a little money you have […]
Month: May 2018
Gypsum 3D panels have made a real breakthrough in the field of interior design. Absolutely new and original solution in the design of the walls quickly had to taste to many consumers. If you have not had time to get acquainted with this decor element […]
Flexible stone, stone wallpaper, flexible sandstone – does this name tell you anything? If not, then this is not surprising, because this is a completely new material, which recently appeared on the construction market. The area of its application is quite wide, the installation is incredibly simple, and the final result is simply stunning. Decorating with flexible stone walls is increasingly used by modern designers. This makes it possible not only to achieve a unique design of premises, but also to use environmentally friendly material for the cladding of their homes.
1.MORE ABOUT MATERIAL
A flexible stone appeared not so long ago, but has already gained considerable popularity. It is a very light practical material that has a thickness of not more than 6 mm and consists of three thin layers. The first is a non-woven fabric or a flexible fabric base, the second is an adhesive, in this case an epoxy solution, the third is a fine crumb of natural marble, quartz or granite. Flexible sandstone is suitable for both interior decoration and facade cladding. It is very practical, durable and able to maintain its properties and external attractiveness unchanged for more than 25 years. Its surface has a slight roughness, and a variety of colors will allow to select a sample for every taste. The patterns that are on the surface repeat the appearance of natural marble, sandstone, granite and other types of natural stones.
2.TECHNOLOGY OF PRODUCTION
This interesting material was invented in Germany, and the process of its production involves two possible places of manufacture – directly in quarries or in special workshops. These processes are distinguished by the method of applying the last, third layer, that is, the figure.
The first option is quite painstaking and specific. For production in a quarry, it is first necessary to find a suitable source with interesting stone rocks, then prepare a smooth section of sandstone with a beautiful natural pattern, grind it to achieve an almost perfectly flat surface. After that, a special adhesive solution of deep penetration is applied to the prepared place. For these purposes, epoxy-based bonding agents are used. A thin layer of textile base is applied to the impregnated surface, the material is carefully smoothed to avoid wrinkles and left to dry completely. It is very important to allow the material to dry completely, so that, when removed, all the grains of sand remain on the substrate, rather than being stuck in separate places. It is very difficult to remove sheets, because they have very small thickness. For this, special equipment is used, which, as it were, cuts the top layer of the stone surface together with the base. This results in a flexible sheet that completely replicates the color and is environmentally friendly. The advantage of this type of production is the completely natural origin of the material. But there are a number of significant shortcomings:
- Finding the right career, which in fact can not happen as quickly as we would like;
- A small variety of colors and textures;
- A lot of time and money to prepare a suitable surface;
In the case of production in specialized shops, everything happens much faster. The pattern is formed artificially by mixing several types of components.Advantages of this method is very much, but there are no shortcomings, for the time being, it has not been found out at all:
- There is no need to seek a career;
- The color scale and texture are very diverse and, in practice, unlimited;
- The appearance of the surface has a 100% resemblance to natural rocks;
- Only natural ingredients are used for production.
3. PRODUCTION IN HOME CONDITIONS
Since the release of flexible stone in the free sale of many began immediately to wonder whether it is possible to make it at home. We tried to figure this out and came to the conclusion that, in principle, yes. To do this, you need to prepare a workplace, which should have a smooth, smooth and sufficiently large work surface. A writing desk will do. There is also a place for drying the finished sheets. Ideally, flat wooden pallets placed in a well-ventilated place, for example, on a balcony, will do.
To make the stone itself, you need: a base material, for example glass fiber, natural sandstone in the form of fine crumbs or quartz sand, acrylic glue, a drill for mixing and a container. Spread the necessary cut of fiberglass on the table, pour on top of the stone crumb, imitating the natural cut of the stone, and pre-level. Mix the adhesive and soak the whole surface of the sheet with the crumb, then finally level it with a spatula. The layer should turn out to be thin and uniform, for this purpose lightly press on the spatula. Then put the resulting sheet on a pallet, spread out and leave until completely dry. According to its decorative properties, made by own strength flexible stone, will be inferior to the factory production
It would seem, which roller blinds can be talked about when it comes to the usual toilet, i.e. room without windows. We are all used to seeing roller blinds on the windows and doors of apartments, private houses, shops and institutions, where they have a […]
In the process of repair very often decisions regarding the choice of finishing materials are subject to change at the very last moment. Here it is the same way – choose the perfect wallpaper, suitable for both color and texture, paste on the walls with knowledge of the case, then you stand admiring and realize that something is not right. Too boring and monotonous, or something, or lacking something, a little highlight or a contrast, so that it became quite harmonious. Do not rip off the now fresh wallpaper wallpaper? In this case, cardinally change the situation with minimal costs and damage will help the curbs for wallpaper. Today we will talk about advice on the selection and gluing of curbs.
1. SELECTION OF THE BORDER TAPE WITH ITS MAIN CHARACTERISTICS
The border ribbon, or frieze, or edging, or edging – these are the names of the same universal finishing material, with which you can very quickly and economically supplement the interior and give it expressiveness and a characteristic hue. Those who claim that this is the last century, and the curbs have already gone out of fashion, since the interiors with their use are very similar to the situation of the times of the USSR, simply do not know how to use them correctly. Especially considering that the modern look of the frieze differs high aesthetic qualities and impresses with its variety.
This decorative element is a strip in width from a few centimeters to a whole meter and is sold by rolls, from 5 to 10 meters in length. Choosing a curb tape should not bring many problems. In most stores with decoration materials, a large number of ready-made wallpaper collections are offered that already contain one or more versions of the frieze. If you first glued wallpaper, and then realized that you need to complement the interior for completeness, then you need to pay special attention to the material of the edging. The most common ones are:
- Paper – the most delicate and delicate appearance, which is glued and removed very simply. However, because of its delicate texture with a sloppy process of pasting, they can tear or soak. They do not differ particularly long life and quickly burn out under the influence of ultraviolet. But this is the most budgetary option.
- Vinyl – differ from the previous high level of strength to mechanical influences, have a more dense structure, are not subject to burnout, and therefore have a decent service life. From their surface, various contaminants can easily be removed with conventional detergents that do not damage the surface, unless, of course, they are rubbed with the hard side of the sponge. Due to this practicality they are often used in such environment-specific premises as a kitchen or bathroom.
- Acrylic – also proved to be very practical decor, resistant to external factors. The cost of acrylic curbs is somewhat cheaper than vinyl, with almost equal performance.
- Textile – this interesting type of frieze consists of two layers. The first layer is the base, made of paper. It is applied to the fabric layer, which performs a decorative function. Often used for such purposes velor. The disadvantages of this chic element is poor resistance to moisture and mechanical stress. In case of careless handling or placing such a curb near furniture, for example, a sofa or armchairs where constant contact with pets or hairpins in the hair can occur, it can scratch, get unstuck or lose its gloss. In addition, it will quickly settle dust, especially if the tape has not a small width. From this idea, it is worthwhile to refrain from allergies. Care for textile frieze is complicated due to the lack of the ability to remove dust or dirt simply by using a damp cloth.
- Made of fiberglass – the most practical of the options, which is resistant to both mechanical and other types of influences. Such a frieze for many years will have an attractive appearance. Its stability allows using this decor in any room. In this regard, it has the greatest cost.
To curbs did not create a clear contrast, it is necessary to select a material identical to the material of the main wallpaper. For example, acrylic wallpaper with silk-screen printing, decorated with paper curbs, will instantly lose their chic and rich appearance and instead become ridiculous and vulgar. The same happens in reverse situations. The borders are designed to hide the joints of two types of wallpaper, to eliminate the consequences of inaccurate pasting or to smooth out the transitions between two or more colors, to perform the zoning function. At the same time they must remain an ornament of the interior. As for the choice of pattern and color, the curb tape can be: